For Source information, return
to Why Music? Links and Info Page
- Pepsi to Support Music Education
in Schools Across the United States;
Consumers Invited to "Share the Joy with Music"
- PURCHASE, N.Y., PRNewswire -- In the fall of 2000,
- Pepsi-Cola Company will unveil a retail program designed
- to assist music education programs in schools (K-12)
- the United States.
- Called "Share the Joy with Music," the program will
- communities to collect "Pepsi Notes" through the purchase
- of Pepsi products to help schools in their area. The
- can redeem their Notes for musical instruments,
- accessories, sheet music, software and other equipment
- will help bolster the quality of their music programs.
- MENC: The National Association for Music Education has
- joined with Pepsi to communicate this opportunity to
- MENC's membership.
- "Despite the fact that music is an extremely important
- of a well-rounded education, many school music programs
- have traditionally been under-funded," said Linda Wilson,
- senior marketing manager for Pepsi. "In fact, many
- hold fundraisers every year to supplement their budgets.
- Through collecting Pepsi Notes, consumers can help the
- schools in their area acquire items that will elevate the
- quality of the students' musical experience. They can
- a direct impact where it matters most -- at the community
- "We applaud Pepsi-Cola's efforts to support music
- education in this creative manner," said John J.
- executive director of MENC.
- Music123.com, a leading online provider of musical
- instruments and accessories to schools, will join forces
- Pepsi to post a website in the coming months that will
- provide schools with program details and enrollment
- information. The site also will serve as the primary
- for program redemption and fulfillment.
- Pepsi-Cola Company (pepsi.com), headquartered in
- Purchase, N.Y., is the global beverage division of
- Inc. (pepsico.com). Its brands in the United States
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi ONE, Mountain Dew, Mug, Slice,
- Wild Cherry Pepsi, Aquafina, All Sport Body Quencher and
- FruitWorks. The company also makes and markets
- ready-to-drink iced teas and coffees, respectively, via
- ventures with Lipton and Starbucks.
- MENC: The National Association for Music Education, the
- world's largest arts education organization, is the only
- association that addresses all aspects of music
- Nearly 85,000 members represent all levels of teaching
- preschool to graduate school. Since 1907, MENC has
- worked to ensure that every student has access to a well-
- balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of
- music instruction taught by qualified teachers. MENC's
- activities and resources have been largely responsible
- the establishment of music education as a profession, for
- the promotion and guidance of music study as an integral
- part of the school curriculum, and for the development of
the National Standards for Arts Education.
berksmusic.com Music Education Links
Return to berksmusic.com Main